|Forms and Downloads > Reason for Absence Note|
Please call the attendance office at 773-534-5157 each day that your student is absent. The first day an absent student returns to school, the parent/guardian must provide a signed "Reason for Absence Note" that identifies the reason and date for each student absence. E-mails cannot be accepted as a signature is required.
CPS attendance policies have been revised since our Bell School Parent Handbook was printed.
There are only 6 valid reasons for excused absences:
- Student’s illness
- Observance of a religious holiday
- Death in the immediate family
- Family emergency with explanation
- Circumstances which cause reasonable concern to the parent/guardian for child’s safety with explanation
- Other situations beyond the control of the student with explanation
Download the CPS Reason for Absence Note or Nota de Razón de Ausencia.